Good afternoon Bobcat Families!
Today is the last day to nominate that special Larkspur Staff! Please click here to submit your nomination.
Larkspur Green Team had their first meeting for 2017 this week! Energy audits are going fairly well and the members are getting into a regular routine. As a team, we decided to have meetings twice a month for the remainder of the year. We are very excited to present our Green Team mission to the school during our HEART Assembly on February 10. We are looking forward to a great 2nd semester.
Come celebrate with us!
Did you know that Larkspur Elementary has been working hard to make some big changes? We would like to extend an invitation to our entire community to an assembly to kick off our new focus of HEART. The assembly will take place on Friday Feb 10th at 9:30am. Hope you can celebrate with us!
**State Mandated Testing Information
PURPOSE AND VALUE OF STATE ASSESSMENTS
PARCC/CMAS are the only common measuring tool in Colorado for students in third- through ninth-grade. Measuring real-world skills like problem-solving and critical thinking, the tests are aligned to classroom work so teachers do not have to “teach to the test.” While CMAS assessments are only one measure of student learning, having all Colorado students take this set of assessments provides parents with answers to these important questions:
• How well is my child doing on meeting state standards compared to other students?
• Which schools and districts perform best in preparing students for success in meeting the state standards?
• Which districts have the best performance on the state standards for children with special needs?
• What schools and districts have the best performance on the state standards for children of color?
Additionally, state assessment results provide:
• information educators need to help improve instruction.
• identification of districts and schools that have struggling students, so help can be provided.
• recognition of high performing systems so others may learn from them.
**Please CLICK HERE for more information about State Mandated Assessments. We encourage everyone to allow their student(s) to participate in State Mandated Assessments, but if you choose to opt your student(s) out, please follow the process on our website link above by December 15, 2016. If you choose to opt out of state testing your student will sit in the office with a book during testing sessions.
Monday 1/16- NO SCHOOL (MLK)
Tuesday 1/17- OPEN HOUSE, Incoming students to LES 4:30-6:30
Monday 1/23- Business Open House 5:30-7:30
Thursday 1/26- PTO 6:00
Tuesday 1/31- SAC 6:00
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to discuss any burning questions you have, volunteer in our school or just stop by to say hi! Thank you for all you do to make LES the most amazing school in DCSD. Have a wonderful and safe weekend!
Jen Oldham, Principal