Happy Saturday, Bobcat Families!
Thank you for an amazing first week of school! It was so much fun seeing all our wonderful Bobcat Cubs and we are excited for an awesome school year! I am excited to share that the students have already settled into their daily routines. They have spent our first few days developing new friendships and learning classroom procedures. These opening activities are setting the stage for an amazing year.
First through sixth graders started the week with a kickoffTRACKS assembly. During the week each classroom engaged in collaborative activities and conversations that required them to demonstrate and reflect on these behaviors. At Larkspur Elementary we demonstrate TRACKS (Truthful, Respectful, Collaborative, Collaborative, Kind and Safe)
We greatly appreciate your patience during our delayed dismissal due to inclement weather yesterday. This time of year is known for afternoon storms and we know it can be a bit of a pain to sign your children out, but we want to ensure the safety of all our precious students. Please ensure to check your Parent Portal to make sure your email is correct and your emergency contacts have emails listed as well.
Kindergarten will be starting school on Monday, August 12th. Please be patient as we will have new families experiencing carline for the first time.
Some friendly reminders to ensure our carline runs smoothly:
* Please Do Not get out of your car.
* Please have your children exit on the passenger side.
* Please make sure your children are ready to get out of the car while in carline. Students exit the car from the crosswalk back to the green recycle box. (formally red school house) It only takes a few cars to back up the entire line.
* Please keep you children in the car at all times until you drop your children off.
* Please do not use your cell phone while at Pick up or Drop Off.
* Please have your green sign up on the dashboard at Pick up. This will allow us to gather your children quicker and keep the carline moving.
* We open the car doors for students, please make sure your furry friends are secure so they don't jump out.
What do I do if my children are going to be absent?
* Please remember to call the attendance line at 303-387-5377
We are aware of the current maintenance issues centered around standing water in carline as well as the culvert that is backing up and spilling over onto Silverheels Dr. We have a work order in with the district and they are working on solving the issue. Thank you for your patience!
My child is sick, when can I send them back to school?
* When your child is fever free for 24 hours without the aid of medication.
* When your child is free of diarrhea and vomiting for 48 hours.
Safety and Security News:
To adhere to new safety procedures we will be closing the double doors that lead to the hallway and only allow students and staff to pass through. All visitors and volunteers who come to Larkspur Elementary will need to enter (and exit) the building through the front door and have their driver's license scanned in our Raptor Security System. For extra security all visitors and volunteers who enter the building will need to wear your name badge given by the office staff at all times while on campus. This will help ensure the safety of all students, staff and visitors. Thank you so much for your cooperation.
What is happening at LES month?
*Thursday, August 15th ~ Picture Day
*Wednesday, August 21st ~ 4:30-6:00 Curriculum Night
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and we are looking forward to the first full week of school! As always, please feel free to reach out if you have any comment or concerns.
Jen Oldham, Principal